|From planning to installation, we support you with extensive innovation, quality materials and a commitment to customer service that is second to none.
We look forward to helping you create a beautiful space with a quiet environment.
Part 1 - General
1.1 Scope of Work
This section shall include the furnishing of all
materials, labor and services for the proper installation
of ACOUSTICORE wall panels, baffles, and ceiling panels.
1.2 General Conditions
Work described in this section shall conform to the drawings,
addenda and all requirements of the contract documents.
1.3 Limited Warranty
ACOUSTICORE wall panels, baffles, and ceiling panels are
guaranteed against manufacturing defects and/or workmanship
for one (1) full year.
- Contractor Shall Submit:
1. Manufacturer's literature.
2. Sample of each fabric or vinyl specified.
3. 1' x 1' Mock Up of each type of panel.
- Installation is not to be started until Architect's
submittals have been approved.
Part 2- Products
ACOUSTICORE wall panels, baffles and ceiling panels and
associated hardware shown on the drawings will be as
manufactured by BENTON BROTHERS SOLUTIONS, INC.
All panels and baffles are to be manufactured from field
dimensions provided by the installing contractor, to a
tolerance of (+/-) 1/16".
- Acoustical wall panels, baffles, and ceiling panels shall
be made from 6-7 PCF Density fiberglass and constructed
- Resin Hardened Edge: to a depth of 1/8th":
- Thickness: 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2", 3".
- Sizes to 48" x 120".
- Edge detail: Square, Radius, Beveled, Eased.
- NRC: (from chart)
- Aluminum Frame: (wall panels only)
- Thickness: 3/4", 1-1/4".
- Sizes to 60" x 144"
- Edge detail: Square (3/4" & 1-1/4"),
Radius (1-1/4" only). Bevel (1-1/4" only).
- NRC: (from chart)
- Tackable wall panels shall be made from USG MICORE 300
and will be micro perforated for acoustical absorption or
unperforated for reflectivity, and constructed as follows:
- Self Edged:
- 1/2" thick, sizes to 48" x 96"
- 3/4" thick, sizes 48" x 120"
- Edge Detail: Square, Radius, Beveled, Eased.
- NRC from chart if applicable.
- Aluminum Frame:
- 3/4" square edge with 1/2" USG MICORE in fill.
- Sizes to 48" x 96"
- NRC from chart if applicable.
- Reflective panels shall be made from USG MICORE 300
unperforated, or medium Density fiberboard.
- Optional framing for panels and baffles shall be PVC or
galvanized metal (special order).
2.2 Attachment Systems and Mounting Methods
- A. Mechanical fasteners for all panels shall be Z-clips,
which add 3/16" to overall Thickness of panel. A minimum
of 3/4" reveal is required at the top of all panels using
the Z-clip method.
- Velcro shall be 1-1/2" wide and attached to the panels
with an approved adhesive. The amount of velcro used
for secure attachment will be in accordance with
manufacturer's recommendations based on size and weight
of panel. Velcro strips add 1/8" to overall Thickness of
- Combination for all panels: Z-clips at top and velcro at
the bottom of panel.
- Magnetic strips - 1" wide (for acoustical and tackable
wall panels) shall be attached to the panels with approved
adhesive. The amount of magnets used for secure attachment
will be in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations
based on size and weight of panel. Magnetic strips add
1/8" to overall Thickness of panel.
- Adhesive (for acoustical and tackable wall panels) shall
be applied by the contractor using conventional methods.
Follow adhesive and panel manufacturer's recommendations.
- Suspended baffles and clouds baffles: contractor will
suspend using #12 hanger wire or chain, and suspension
2.3 Fabrics and Vinyl
- Standard Fabrics
- Polyester: Guilford FR7O1/2100, 66" wide, 24 hour
"Quick Ship" color selection for 2-4 week delivery,
other colors may be up to 6-8 weeks, total 60 colors.
- Olefin: Wellington Sears Company, Interweave, 54"
wide, 61 stock colors available.
- Vinyl: Koroseal Desert Sand, 54" wide, type 11,
class A,199 colors
- Custom Fabric: To be approved by BENTON BROTHERS
SOLUTIONS, must be upholstery weight, opaque, and fire
retardant. Fabric must not contain more than 25% rayon,
spun nylon, or acetate. These fibers are all hydrophilic
they absorb moisture) which can cause puddling and
- Custom Vinyl: To be approved by BENTON BROTHERS
SOLUTIONS and be porolated showing no visible openings or
perforated providing 18% open area for maximum acoustical
- Fabric and Vinyl application: Surface material shall be
stretched free of wrinkles or sags. Fabric shall be bonded
only to the edges and backs of panels. Vinyl shall be
bonded to face, edges and minimum 1 1/2" on panel back.
Surface material shall be free of adhesives or other
foreign matter. All visible surfaces are to be completely
2.4 Acoustical Data
Noise reduction coefficients range from .35 to 1.00 depending
on subsurface and panel Thickness
when tested in accordance
with ASTM C-423-84A in Type A Mounting.
2.5 Fire Rating
Class A Fire Rating based upon complete panel assembly (fire
retardant fabric) tested in accordance with ASTM-E84 "Surface
Burning Characteristics of Building Materials."
Part 3 - Installation
Do not install ACOUSTICORE wall panels, baffles or ceiling
panels until all other finishes are installed and ambient
conditions of temperature and humidity will be continuously
maintained at values indicated for final occupancy.
Contractor must examine the condition under which the
work is to be performed and notify the General contractor
or owner's representative of unsatisfactory conditions.
Work will not proceed until unsatisfactory conditions have
been corrected. Substrates shall be adequately sealed and
dry wall shall be taped, spackled, and sealed against air
and moisture leakage through the wall. If any of the
above conditions are not met prior to the installation of
any of our products it will void all warranties.
3.2 Product Handling
Use all means necessary to protect the materials before,
during, and after the installation and to protect the
materials and work of other trades.
- Layout Z-clip or velcro locations on wall surface check
with straight edge and shim surface as required.
- Install velcro strips to drywall or wood with staples or
contact cement and to brick or concrete block with contact
- Install Z-clips to drywall with molley or toggle bolts, to
wood with screws and to masonry with expansion bolts.
- Suspend Baffles from acoustical ceiling grid, drywall
ceilings or structure using eye bolts, s-hooks, chain or
3.4 Clean-up and Maintenance
Upon completion of the work the contractor shall remove from
the premises all rubbish and accumulated materials of
whatever nature not caused by other trades and shall leave
the work in a clean, orderly and acceptable condition.
Normal maintenance procedures of vacuuming fabric panels is
recommended. The installer shall advise the contractor of
required protection for all panels, baffles or ceiling
panels, including temperature and humidity limitations and
dust control, so that the work will not be damaged or
deteriorate after installation and acceptance.